Anxiety usually occurred at some point in our lives.
Anxiety is a normal reaction to stress, heartbreaking, shifting of employment, financial difficulties, marriage concern attention ; can be beneficial in some situations. It can alert us to dangers and help us prepare and pay attention. It turns Anxiety disorders from the moment those normal life events begins to generate signs of an anxiety disorder and usually interfere with the sufferers’ life.
Anxiety disorders differ from normal feelings of nervousness or anxiousness and involve excessive fear or anxiety. Anxiety disorders are the most common of mental disorders and affect millions of Nigerians.
Symptoms you’re experiencing Anxiety disorders; Symptoms may start during childhood or the teen years and continue into adulthood.
- Excessive severe and intrusive worrying on daily basis which on most cases affect daily life.
- Feeling Agitated which may causes racing pulse, sweaty palms, shaky hands and dry mouth.
- Feeling restless persistently at least four times in a week for 6months can be a sign of anxiety disorder and really common symptoms in children.
- Fatigue insomnia or muscle tension, hyperactivity or arousal
- Chronic panic attack arriving with rapid heartbeat, sweating, shaking, shortness of breath, chest tightness, nausea and fear of dying, uncontrollable cry of losing someone one’s life.
- finding it difficult to sleep and shortness of breath is also a physical symptoms
- Lack of Concentration, Irritability and Increase muscles tense
Types of Anxiety disorders
- Specific phobias and isolation anxiety disorder.
- general anxiety disorder
- social anxiety disorder (public phobia)
- Some people may have up to two types of anxiety disorder. On the other hand, people may develop anxiety disorder from medical condition or through reaction to particular medication for treatment; however, the need to access health service as soon as they notice any symptoms.
Self help that an individual can undergo when they observe any anxiety disorder includes:
Understanding the basic assumptions and beliefs that causes their anxiety and gradually eliminate wrong ideas from their brain and replace them with positive perception, interpretation and meaning they give to every event. Furthermore, an individual temperament of reality constrain can lead to anxiety; they need to adjust the information processing in their brain and the way you assign meaning to every event in their life.